Rodionova Olga Sergeevna, Doctor of philological sciences, professor, sub-department of foreign languages, Saratov State Law Academy (1 Volskaya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sakovets Svetlana Alexandrovna, Candidate of philological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of foreign languages, Saratov State Law Academy (1 Volskaya street, Saratov, Russian), email@example.com
Background. The specifics of the course “Foreign language” in non-language (law) higher education institutions define the purpose of the conducted research. The scientific and educational task of the course is training of specialists with knowledge of foreign-language special terminology, political systems of foreign countries, principles of judicial practice and legal writing methodology as well as skills of the intermediary written foreign language communication. Development of the crosscultural competence is one of the priorities of the educational process. This approach defines certain forms of implementation of educational tasks and principles based on traditions of cultural variation. Understanding of the legal culture as a reflection of social values (justice, freedom) in law is necessary not only for understanding the nature of law by students, but also for professional adaptation in the framework of economic, political, moral, esthetic integration.
Materials and methods. The objectives were achieved through the analysis of the academic literature on the text and translation theory, the methodology of working with texts during German classes, the analysis of the practical translation work and the results summary. The methodological background of the article was a modern
understanding of translation of foreign subject-specific texts.
Results. The authors summarized scientific researches on the text and translation theory in terms of translation of texts in the professional sphere; developed exercises that became an integral part of textbooks used in the educational process.
Conclusions. Practical tasks on formation of skills in translation of subjectspecific texts aim at promotion of background knowledge in the field of law, at retaining grammar and lexical skills in respect of the identification and the analysis of grammar structures, lexical equivalents, ways of translation of certain constructions into Russian. When translating a subject-specific text from one language into another, one has to not only preserve the general sense of a message and represent ideas and concepts contained in it, but to reflect its communicative goal and to reproduce to the best its logic emphases.
German language, written translation, text, subject-specific text, legal text, authentic educational text, cross-cultural communication
1. Rodionova O. S. Sistema yazyka – opredelyayushchiy faktor prosodicheskoy delimitatsii zvuchashchego teksta (eksperimental'no-foneticheskoe issledovanie na materiale nemetskogo yazyka): dis. d-ra filol. nauk: 10.02.04: Germanskie yazyki [Language system – a determining factor of prosodial delimitation of a sounding text (an experimentalphoneti research in German language): dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of philological sciences]. Moscow, 2001, 280 p.
2. Klimanova O. A., Khar'kovskaya A. A. Yazyk i kul'tura (issledovaniya po germanskoy filologii): sb. nauch. st. [Language and culture (researches in German philology): collected papers]. Samara: Izd-vo Samarskogo un-ta, 1999, pp. 167–177.
3. Gal'perin I. R. Tekst kak ob"ekt lingvisticheskogo issledovaniya [The text as an object of linguistic research]. Moscow, 1981.
4. Komissarov V. N. Teoriya perevoda (lingvisticheskie aspekty) [Translation thery (linguistic aspects)]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1990, 253 p.
5. Gavrilenko N. N. Teoriya i metodika obucheniya perevodu v sfere professional'noy kommunikatsii [Theory and methods of translation teaching in the field of professional communication]. Moscow, 2009, bk. 1.
6. Sadovskaya M. V. Lingvopragmaticheskoe opisanie ekonomicheskikh tekstov: avtoref. dis. kand. filol. nauk [Linguistic-pragmatic description of economic texts: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of philological sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 2010. Available at: http://www.dissercat.com/content/
lingvopragmaticheskoe-opisanie-ekonomicheskikh-tekstov#ixzz3ngBKT2RD (accessed 2015, October 19).
7. Alekseeva I. S. Vvedenie v perevodovedenie: ucheb. posobie dlya stud. filol. i lingv. fak. vyssh. ucheb. zavedeniy [Introduction into translation science: tutorial university students at philological and linguistic faculties]. Saint-Petersburg; Moscow, 2004.
8. Sakovets S. A. Rossiya i Zapad: dialog kul'tur: elektronnyy nauchno-obrazovatel'nyy zhurnal. MGU [Russian and the West: a dialogue of cultures: an online scientific and educational journal. MSU]. Moscow, 2013, no. 3. Available at: http://www.regionalstudies.ru/journal/homejornal/rubric/2012-11-02-22-13-36/283-2013-07-26-10-27-27.html
9. Alekseeva I. S. Pis'mennyy perevod. Nemetskiy yazyk: ucheb. [Written translation. German language: textbook]. Saint-Petersburg, 2006.
10. Efimov V. S. Praktika perevoda s nemetskogo yazyka na russkiy. Leksicheskie i grammaticheskie problemy (s privlecheniem materialov sovremennoy periodicheskoy pechati FRG, Avstrii i Shveytsarii) [Practice of Herman to Russia translation. Lexical and grammatical problems (involving contemporary periodicals from Germany, Austria and Switzerland)]. Moscow, 2009.
11. Obshcheevropeyskie kompetentsii vladeniya inostrannym yazykom: izuchenie, obuchenie, otsenka (russkaya versiya) [Common European competences of language proficiency: learning, teaching, evaluation (Russian version)]. Moscow: MGLU, 2005, 247 p.